Sunday, March 5, 2017

Famous Last Words for Week 7

The past two stories I have written I have done story planning and I think it was a really useful tool to help give me way to organize my thoughts and ideas. This week, instead of doing a story planning post, I went straight to writing. Well, not straight to writing. I organized my thoughts in my head prior to writing but jumped into writing without a story outline. I felt like I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to write about so I just went for it.

This week was the first time I intertwined the story line from a previously existing story and incorporated characters into my own writing. This kind of happened on accident. As I was trying to come up with a name for the beast, I Google monster names and Shrek came up. I then realized that there were a ton of similarities between the beast character I had made up and Shrek so I went back and altered a few details to make it more like the character from the movies. It’s funny how things work out like that.

This week for my choice reading I decided to watch The Mahabharata, Karmic Revolution videos on YouTube. I was amazed with the illustrations that went along with the story and loved having the visual to along with the story. Having that visual really helps me stay focused on what I’m learning about and I enjoyed it so much that I continued on to part C for my extra reading. I am hoping to continue on watching the epic through these videos this week for my extra reading and plan to finish the whole series in the upcoming weeks.


With Spring Break just around the corner, I hope I will be able to stay focused with this class and get everything done before I head out of town!
Spring Break Is Coming
Source

1 comment:

  1. Thats the reading option i picked too, and I have absolutely loved it so far! I love any type of audio stories and especially ones with visuals too! I think the author of these stories does such an incredible job as well, and I can't wait to finish the rest of the videos!

    ReplyDelete