Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 8 Reflections

Throughout the semester I have switched up my reading notes style a few times. At first I only took notes on the 2-3 areas in the story where I felt really inspired to write my own story. I now have begun to add in some smaller storylines and details from within the stories I'm reading incase I am not satisfied with the story ideas I had come up with as I was reading. So far this method has been helpful to me when I am trying to come up with my story ideas. 

At the beginning of this semester, I probably hadn't written a nontechnical paper in close to three years. That being said I was extremely rusty and have never been known to be a spectacular writer. After reading several other people's stories, I decided I really wanted to improve my ability to incorporate dialogue into my stories. In my last few stories I have slowly increased the amount of dialogue and I am pleased with the progress I have made towards creating effective dialogue. I also really enjoyed reading other people's stories that had used characters or themes from an outside source. This week I decided to give that a try and was pleased with my result. 


I think I have improved as a writer since the beginning of the semester and have gained confidence to be creative when writing. I am looking forward to continuing to improve as the semester continues. 
Creativity Meme
Source


No comments:

Post a Comment