Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 8 Growth Mindset

I have really enjoyed the structure of this class. Since it is so flexible and based off a point system, it is not necessary to complete every assignment. However, because I set a goal for myself to finish this class by week 10 so that I will be able to use the second half of the semester to focus on my capstone, I have worked hard to complete every assignment and almost every extra credit. From this I have learned that I am most effective in a goal-oriented situation. I think I am equally motivated whether someone else or myself sets the goal as long as it is reasonable.

One thing I hadn’t had much exposure to until this class was giving critical feedback. I tend to be a perfectionist to a point and often if something I was apart of, like a group report, was not up to my standards I would just redo it myself. Through both giving and receiving feedback, I feel I have gained a method in which I can provide feedback to other.

I've really enjoyed doing the extra credit growth mindsets each week. It's nice to stop for a moment during the week to reflect on my behaviors and what I have and have not been successful at and why. I also really enjoy scrolling through the growth mindset memes because most of them are extremely relatable and it's triggers my acknowledgment of my behaviors or motivates me to improve. 
Growth Mindset
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment