Saturday, February 11, 2017

Famous Last Words for Week 4

Being a very slow reader, I have to carve out a good amount of time to complete my reading and take effective notes and I think this week I did a good job managing my time. I found the Divine Archer version of the Ramayana to be much easier to read than the Public Domain Ramayana. This may be because I was already familiar with the storyline but I felt like I gained a deeper understanding of the characters by rereading the story.

While I will never think of myself as a great writing by any means, I think this week was one of my better-written stories. Last week was the first time I opted to do the story planning to gather my thoughts before I wrote the full story this week. I think it really had a positive impact on the clarity of my story. I don’t think I’ll story plan every week but I will probably take a similar process on Tuesday or before I write my story to improve the quality of my future stories.

So far I have been able to carve out enough time each week to do all the extra credit except for the extra reading. I have really wanted to start reading The Jungle Book and hope this coming week I will be able to start reading it. Hopefully this coming week will be the week I get to get started on it. I’d love to incorporate the characters and stories from The Jungle Book into my future stories.


Starting the week after next my school schedule will start to get very hectic. I have a midterm and a capstone presentation coming up so I hope my extra credit will give me an extra break if I need one. I have been trying to manage my time better and hopefully won’t need to skip any assignments but I’m glad I have a cushion if I need to use it.
The Jungle Book
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment