Saturday, February 11, 2017

Feedback Focus

For me, the most useful strategy to stay focused when reading is to read out loud. I have a very hard time in general staying focused on anything that I’m reading as frequently my eyes will be following the words on the page but my mind trails off and begins thinking out loud. Usually when I read, I say each word out loud in my head, which has, about the same effect as actually reading out loud. Saying the words and looking at them really helps my mind from wandering.

I thought the Copy-and-delete strategy was a really unique strategy. It wasn’t something I had ever thought to do but I found it useful to comprehending what I am reading. Having those little notes afterwards was also really useful to quickly remind myself of everything I had just read. While I prefer the reading out loud strategy I also found this strategy useful to understanding and remembering more details about what I was reading.


The timer strategy wasn’t my favorite because I am a very slow reading and having a time limit or any type of time constraint makes me feel rushed even if I am capable of reading everything in that time frame. This strategy doesn’t mesh well with the way I learn so I will stick to the first two strategies.
Reading Owls
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment