Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Growth Mindset: Feeling Safe


I strongly related to this meme because I often struggle with feeling comfortable in a classroom. I am relatively shy and because of a few situations growing up, I would probably die before I ever answer a question out loud whether I know the answer or not.  I think if I had felt less judgment from my teachers growing up, I would have felt more comfortable answering questions and making mistakes and being able to learn from those mistakes. If I become a teacher, which I plan to do when I retire from industry, I hope to create a classroom that encourage mistakes and gives each student a feeling of security.
Growth Mindset Meme
Source

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lindsey! I just had to comment that I was so glad to see your post: that is a new cat that I just made (most of the other cats are from a project last year). so I am really happy that you liked it. I thought the picture was so cute! And what you say is so true: feedback is NOT judging. Don't judge! That is good advice for life in general I think. :-)

    ReplyDelete