Saturday, February 4, 2017

Wikipedia Trail: From Rakshasa to Reincarnation


I began my Wikipedia trail with Rakshasa because of their involvement in the Ramayana. I learned they are actually found throughout Hindu mythology and was incorporated into Buddhism. I then clicked on Buddhism, a religion and dharma largely based on the teachings of Buddha. Karma is a key concept in Buddhism and the next page I traveled to. Karma is the belief that the intent and actions of an individual will influence their future. Karma is closely associated with the idea of reincarnation, my next page. Reincarnation is a philosophical or religious concept that a living being starts a new life in a different body or form after each time they die.
Karma
Source
Trail:

1 comment:

  1. I have always thought that Buddhism, and the concepts of Karma and Reincarnation were very interesting. While I am a Christian, I still believe in Karma. Not in the formal way of sending out good deeds that will be repaid, but in the sense that those who look for opportunities and do even the most simple of acts to make this world/our societies a better place, don't go unnoticed. And for that others will rather repay you with kindness, or will pass it forward.

    ReplyDelete