Friday, January 20, 2017

Famous Last Words for Week 1

While the first week of a new semester is generally pretty slow, my week was a little bit more hectic than I expected. This is my first semester taking an online class and I am enrolled in two different ones. Luckily, for this class I have friends who have previously been enrolled that were very helpful while I was getting started and have been nice enough to answer any questions that I’ve had. Being enrolled in online classes is going to require a lot of discipline and organization to keep track of everything I need to turn in. Hopefully I will be able to stay on top of things. I have exported the canvas calendar onto my phone and laptop calendar, which will send me alerts when I need to turn something in on canvas. Aside from that, I really like the flexibility this course offers and think my time management schedule will be a great fit for me.

Organization Meme
Source: MakeaMeme
After getting my blog up and running and finishing up my first week of posting I have to admit I’m a little bit relieved. I have never been a natural born writer and I know this class requires a large amount of writing so I was not sure how I would do. While my writing is not top notch, I really like this form of learning and hope by practicing through this class this semester I will be able to strengthen my writing ability.


So far I have enjoyed reading other students stories and learning about them. Though I am not extremely creative, I love the amount of creativity possible in this class. Apart from the writing I am really excited about learning and reading Indian epics. This is a culture I am very unfamiliar with and I look forward to learning outside of my comfort zone.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand not being comfortable with writing. I am right there too but this class seems to be good for learning to become more creative with my writing, which I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete