Friday, January 20, 2017

Wikipedia Trail From Tom Gauld to the Vietnam War

My Wikipedia trail began with Tom Gauld, the illustrator of the image, map of the area surrounding our holiday home, that I used to write my story this week.
Tom Gauld
Source: Wikipedia

After looking through his page I learned he is a cartoonist and illustrator that regularly produces cartoons and illustrations for The New Yorker, The New York Times and The Guardian. From here I clicked on the New York Times link and was taken to that page. In the overview of the Wikipedia page on the american daily newspaper, I saw a link in the table on contents titled The Pentagon Papers, which I was interested to learn about. I learned that the Pentagon papers were a secret US department of defense history of the US political and military involvement in the Vietnam War which occurred in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia from November 1955 to April 1975. 

A US tank convoy during the Vietnam War.
Source: Wikipedia

My Wikipedia Trail:


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. That's quite interesting. I have been told before that there's a game you can play through Wikipedia where one can [theoretically] connect any two topics within three links from your starting position. Tom Gauld was also who I chose for my first weeks story. You make me intrigued by the Wiki trail EC and I quite possibly will be creating a Wiki trail post myself.

    ReplyDelete