Monday, January 30, 2017

Reading Notes: Public Domain Ramayana, Part C

After reading the story on Vali’s Death, I was a little bit taken aback by Rama’s actions. While I don’t doubt that he would have stepped in when his help was needed, I found it slightly out of character for him to kill Vali in a subtle and cowardly way. I also don’t really feel like this was Rama’s fight to fight and could potentially write about if Rama had left the fighting to the brother’s and Vali was victorious.

I enjoyed reading the story about Hanuman’s past and how he was able to defeat the rakshasi and cross over to the shore of Lanka. I think there is a lot of room for creativity for how the interaction between Hanuman and the rakshasi could have occurred. I think that would be something I could write about. Maybe having them strike a deal together and the rakshasi take Hanuman to Lanka or to have tricked him.
Hanuman and the rakshasi
Source
Bibliography: PDE Ramayana, Authors: M. Dutt, R. Dutt, Gould, Griffith, Hodgson, Mackenzie, Nivedita, Oman, Richardson, and Ryder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment