Thursday, January 19, 2017

Storybook Favorites

The Himalayan Elephant 
To be honest, scrolling through the list of stories was a little bit overwhelming for me. This story caught my eye because elephants are my favorite animals. I felt the title was a good representation of the storybook as it was what the boys sought to find and each story is their journey in search of the elephant. After reading the introduction, I found I related very strongly to the two boys desperate for adventure. Growing up, I was always outdoors looking for an adventure or exploring in the creek by my house. I also found the interaction between the boys and the shaman to be interesting. I love that while he tried to warn the boys about the dangers their adventure could find, he realized that he was once just like them and did not discourage them from their dreams. I felt this storybook was very well laid out with links to each section with labels that made navigation through the site quick and easy. 
Elephant
Source: Elephant Photos
A Karmic Hero
The introduction to this story really sucked me in. I really enjoyed the style of writing and found myself eager to read more. While I have read many stories about the journey of a hero, I felt this story had a very interesting twist in that the character will be traveling to the past in order to restore the disrupted karma in universe. I also found the layout and use of pictures benefited the story as they gave a visual throughout the story. I liked the design of the page and thought the front page with the question of whether the reader wanted to continue into this dark uncertain story really added to the setting of the story.  
Yama, the god of death
Source: Universe of Comics
Darma Queen
At the beginning of the introduction to this storybook I found myself unable to relate to the character's desire to break the routine she had adopted from following the social norms. However, I find her ability to understand the rut she’s in and seek change inspiring. I found the authors use of dialog and paragraph spacing to add to the flow of the introduction and kept my interest. While the introduction was not titled introduction, the order of her links was helpful in navigating through the Storybook. 
India
Source: Eat Pray Love

No comments:

Post a Comment