Sunday, January 29, 2017

Feedback Thoughts

I really enjoyed the 5 Tips for Taking Feedback Like a Champ article where it talked about understanding that being uncomfortable when receiving feedback is healthy and normal. While I love to receive feedback because I like to know where I am able to improve, the situation in which I am receiving the feedback always makes me feel so uncomfortable. That section of the article made me realize that other people must experience that too and I appreciated that. The only time I have formally received feedback is through performance reviews at the end of each of my internships. Being a very competitive person and a borderline perfectionist, receiving imperfect scores was hard for me. While it is hard for me to take, it’s the best way to communicate the ways in which I can improve. As a student with only a few internships of experience I would silly to think I was perfect at my job. After reading the articles they made me feel more comfortable with the feedback I had received.

I found the articles about giving feedback to be interesting as well. I have never really been in the situation where I was required to give feedback but I am sure when I am in that situation I will naturally be very uncomfortable and feel awkward. Though both of the articles I read on giving feedback were regarding a teacher giving feedback to a student, I feel that the same mindset can be applied in a professional setting.

Articles I read:


Feedback Meme
Source: Meme Generator

No comments:

Post a Comment