Sunday, January 29, 2017

Learning Challenge: Running toward Happiness

It's relatively well known that exercising is not only good for your physical health but also your mental health. As Elle Woods said it best, "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy." I was a runner throughout high school and quit cold turkey when I began college. Getting back into a habit of exercising is extremely hard after taking a long break from it but this last year I set a few goals for myself which included running a half marathon. To achieve this I have been running or working out nearly 6 days a week and while I'm a little more exhausted than usual, I always feel so much happier and healthier after every workout. Outside of training, I also love to run as a stress reliever. While many people think that's crazy and there's no way stressing out your body during a run can reduce mental stress but it really does! 

Legally Blonde Quote
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment