Thursday, January 19, 2017

Time Strategies

Throughout college I have mostly managed my time through the use of checklists and keeping a very detailed calendar with me at all times. I don't like to procrastinate and to avoid so I like to schedule about a week in advance when I plan to get things done based on approximately how long I think a task will take. I really enjoyed reading The Psychology of Checklist by Lauren Marchese as creating checklists is one thing I routinely do. I found the science behind the motivation and good feelings that result from completing an item on a checklist to be really interesting and motivates me even more to continue to create checklists. I have also recently read an article from the Harvard Business Review about energy management rather than time management. The article discusses small simple behaviors such as taking breaks throughout your work day and not multitasking that can actually increase your productivity. I try to also incorporate those small changes into my day in order to minimize stress and increase my productivity. 
Title of Energy Managment Article
Source: Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment